Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Letter (A touching piece of work)

One day, I will disappear completely. The letters will mean nothing. The world will get tired of me. You will get tired of me. I will get tired of myself, and I…and I will never get tired of you.

For you..there will be NO endings. I will say your name over and over like a refrain. My prayer to no one. then I’ll be a flower, the one you’ll never pick and will endure the breathless waiting until boundaries disappear.With nothing to do, I make new constellations images of you as I remember. Dancing, sitting, walking. There are stars from a different view, but still I see nothing but you. Unfurling like a flower, swiveling like a leaf. I once watched you sleep beside me. It was dark then, but the darkness is deeper now. Tonight in my dreams I will see you. The love of my life, clothed only in light.

Like a kite, I’ve given myself up to the wind. I made friends with the sun. Confuse the birds with strange and distant voyages, but it is you that ties the thread and holds me down. Like a kite, I will forver hold your hand and with a burning human longing in your hands, I surrender....

"My life started when I loved you and that’s how I want it to end.”


*** The post came from JEKAY's Blog; whoever originally wrote this must have been my soulmate! ****

No comments: