Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Love and Chaos (Another Moment of Self Contemplation)

I keep going back to this ridiculous notion that people keep wanting to put forward to me (and perhaps that I keep going back to in my own conditioned response to reality) that you can somehow predict the outcome of love. That if you “choose” to love someone with (or without) certain characteristics, you can somehow be assured of safety. Yet all that I have experienced in my life proves the opposite. People are surprising…delightfully so. And anyway, that is the whole point of love, isn’t it? To reveal some hidden inner truth in another person that maybe no one else has ever been able to reveal. Certainly that is never predictable, and if it was, I wouldn’t want it. If I wanted a predictable high, I would just do a bunch of drugs. No. I love chaos, and love is chaos. Full on. Delicious. Chaos.
Yum!

No comments: